Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday 24

There have been a few highly exciting things going on. The largest of these is my trip to Alaska next week. I'm leaving next Wednesday and will be gone until the 9th. I'm meeting my dad in Anchorage, where we'll sight see and take a side trip to another nearby city/town. Then we'll take a bus to Denali for about four days, and come back to Anchorage for some other things. I'm not entirely sure of the itinerary, but I'll have plenty to say once I've done it. I'm very excited for some tundra botany and wildlife. Many pictures will be taken.

The next big exciting thing that's happening is, following my return, I plan to acquire a corn snake hatchling of the snow color morph. Such as this one.
I already have a name for it--Bellis. Bellis is the genus of a common North American weed, the English daisy.


I have a penchant for things that are common and under-appreciated, but amazingly beautiful or interesting. Crows, snakes, weeds, frogs, rocks, or a sick little oilslick all fall into that category. Bellis' tank is already prepared for him/her, minus some substrate and a lid...the furnishings are all there. I need something to put the enclosure on top of still. And I need to move Slippy from his huge difficult terrarium to his new glass terrarium, and toss the old one. That needs to be done before Alaska.

Final exciting thing for today--I'm nearly finished with a video tutorial for a tshirt reconstruction that I'm entering in Threadbanger's contest. I want that book.








The look is inspired by Anna, from the fashion show. The collared halter and the pleated front panel are elements that she used to great effect. The shirt comes from an icee shop in the neighborhood where I grew up. I visited recently, and it was quite a trip. So many things were different, but so much was the same. The name changed, for one, from Doe Fang, to Uncle Clay's--A Taste of Pure Aloha. If you're ever on the island of Oahu, stop by the Aina Haina shopping center. My favorite (I don't remember it's new name) was originally "Broke da mout", with li hing mui, li hing powder, and kaki mochi on top. Killer.

When I get back from Alaska, I'll have tons of news, pictures, and lots to share about various projects I've done this summer (since I haven't been updating as they come). Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. you are sooo ittty bittty makaa and i love the tshirt way to cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore it too! And I really liked the tut video!!:)
    You have great shoulders Doll!!
    Oxoxo
    Tany*

    ReplyDelete