Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday 01

Whew, here I go again mentioning how long it's been since last post. I'm visiting the mo. However Threadbanger has been so crazy full of excitement in the past week, even a fair amount of drama, I'm so glad to have this community to be apart of. One of the biggest perks is all the people I get to know and be inspired by. As I've mentioned before, I'm a proud member of the TBGuild of Etsy shops. One Banger I've been completely blown away by is ManiacalMickey, the mastermind behind Whoabot Vestures. This girl is amazingly talented, having provided the online DIY community with a fantastic video tutorial for making a vest, floored us with her skillful sewing and original designs, and being featured by a Bay Area newspaper. Let's take a look at her wares then, at Whoabot Vestures on Etsy.com.



Here we have a WhoaBot original Gentlemen's vest for women in XS/S. I find the colors of the plaid highly agreeable, even for one who is not a fan of plaid. The WhoaBot logo peeks out at the turned collar, with just the right amount of visibility to suit any stance on clothing branding. Finally I feel that the vintage silver buttons really pull the piece together, making it a timeless garment suitable for a wide variety of tastes.

I urge readers to check out more of ManiacalMickey's work at her Etsy shop, as well as those of other TBGuild members. There's a huge amount of talent and style within this group of artful crafters that is truly inspiring and pocketbook-encroaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment