To the reader:
I haven't really worked on any of the projects I mentioned in my last post except for the vest. I've finished three of the four panels that comprise the bodice. It's looking a little large at this point, so I think I will take it in on the sides and at the princess seams that I will crochet after I finish the fourth panel. I purchased a nice maroon color to use for the trim. I guess you could say I "like" the Vanna's Choice collection from Lion Brand Yarn.
I made a cabled bag for friend Bergen using a lovely, iridescent olive green, and there's a rusty brick red that I need to use for something more than a swatch for an instructable. The maroon contrast will be used for crocheting an edge onto the front and bottom edges and duplicate stitching an x pattern around the very middle of the band of seed stitch.
A simple project I've already completed is a hooded jacket with lace embellishments. I used a black jacket from Costco ($20) and several feet of lace from the craft store. I plan to make an instructable for it soon.
While at the craft store with friend Kate today, I bought felt and foam for Snugglebunny's pirate costume. I made him a striped hat out of a pair of leggings given to me by co-worker Aubrey, and now he has an eyepatch too. The parrot and hook are both works in progress and constructed of foam. He's been playing pirates every weekend since International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and Halloween's coming up, so it's all appropriate, really.
Here are pictures of my backpack, which I now use for school. I wonder how obviously handmade it is. It's in my trademark botanigoth style, of course.
Lastly, here is Slippy's home. I switched out the semi-realistic red plastic rock bowl you see in the front for a big green cat bowl. The coleus plant in the front is a cutting since the one in the back was going crazy. So...it might die.